The guy behind the lens

Sunday, July 25, 2010

New York City Composite Images - Part 2

After visiting the Statue of Liberty, my daughter and  I wandered throughout Lower Manhattan so she could get to see some of the highlights of the area such as Ground Zero, Wall Street, Trinity Church. One of our last stops was Federal Hall where George Washington took the first oath of office as President of the Untied States.

The combination of flat natural light and a zillion other tourists made a nice shot of the George Washington statue and the facade of the building an total impossibility. Since I took the obligatory snaps of President Washington's statue, I decided to use the flag texture I had created in a different style. Instead of it having a canvas look as it did in the Statue of Liberty image, I created a "brick wall" effect for this background.

Enjoy!

No comments: