The guy behind the lens

My photo

I'm a Science Teacher, Nature Photographer, Husband, Father, and Grandfather who loves to explore the natural world by traveling, photographing and thinking. 

MINDS WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!  

Friday, July 23, 2010

New York City Composite Images - Part 1

On my latest visit to New York City the weather was generally poor for photography so I limited myself to mostly snapshots of places my daughter and I visited. Upon returning home, I could not resist playing with certain aspects of the images to come up with some more creative takes on what we had seen. Over the next few days I will share with you the fruits of these photographic tinkerings.

As you may  know from previous postings, I enjoy flags and incorporating them into my composite work when I can. My daughter and I visited the Statue of Liberty on a very stormy day and I was able to take advantage of the wind whipped flags to get nice shots of them waving  straight  out in the  breeze. I was then able to convert the best view into a Photoshop texture which serves as the background of this view of the "Lady Liberty" which was an initially disappointing shot thanks to the grey skies in the background.



Once I had the flag background in place, I was able to add the canvas texture and then place an extracted Statue of Liberty in the foreground.

Overall, I am  happy to get a workable composite image from what was a very ordinary snapshot.


Stay Tuned for the next installment featuring a founding father!

No comments: