The guy behind the lens

My Photo

I'm a Science Teacher, Nature Photographer,Husband, and Father, and Grandfather who loves to explore the natural world by traveling, photographing and thinking. 

MINDS WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!  

Thursday, July 29, 2010

As most of you  can tell from this blog and also from my website, I do not shoot many portraits. Indeed it's rare to see people in any of my images.  I cam across a blog post  by a portrait photographer who posted something that lots of photographers encounter over time.  I thought I'd link to her post here because this is something that both photogs & non-photogs should appreciate.

I firmly believe the  most significant tool a photographer posses is their  brain. After all, what the public sees from a photographer is not only seen through the lens of a camera, but also interpreted through the lens of  that photographers brain and experience. 100 photographers shooting the same subject will produce a vast array of different interpretations.




No comments:

Post a Comment