The guy behind the lens

Thursday, July 29, 2010

As most of you  can tell from this blog and also from my website, I do not shoot many portraits. Indeed it's rare to see people in any of my images.  I cam across a blog post  by a portrait photographer who posted something that lots of photographers encounter over time.  I thought I'd link to her post here because this is something that both photogs & non-photogs should appreciate.

I firmly believe the  most significant tool a photographer posses is their  brain. After all, what the public sees from a photographer is not only seen through the lens of a camera, but also interpreted through the lens of  that photographers brain and experience. 100 photographers shooting the same subject will produce a vast array of different interpretations.




No comments: