The guy behind the lens

My photo

I'm a Science Teacher, Nature Photographer, Husband, Father, and Grandfather who loves to explore the natural world by traveling, photographing and thinking. 

MINDS WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!  

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Red Spotted Purple Butterfly Portrait

For this week's Wordless Wednesday - A Red spotted Purple Butterfly taken while I spent a fantastic afternoon at "Whispering Wings" at Brookgreen Gardens in Murrell's Inlet, South Carolina last week.
ENJOY!


Click in the image to see it in the original gallery

19 comments:

texwisgirl said...

glorious!

Kay L. Davies said...

What a beauty!

Carol said...

It's beautiful!

Indrani said...

Excellent macro capture.

Julie G. said...

Absolutely exquisite! Outstanding detail and color. A most beautiful butterfly. Perfection!

Ashlee said...

Gorgeous!

LucidLotus said...

The color and texture are stupendous.

Cafe au lait said...

Beautiful capture.

My WW links:
Our Twins
I Love You

NatureFootstep said...

Beautiful butterfly. Tomorrow evening I start a new meme or "meetingplace" for winged ones. Maybe you like to join in with this one?



Winged

Meryl Jaffe, PhD said...

beautiful shot!

Jo said...

Beautiful color!!

photonature2010 said...

Excellent!

Langley said...

I live in South Carolina but I've never been to 'Whispering Wings.' The photo is stunning, I'm putting that place on my list!

tanya904 said...

Love the colors, really gorgeous :)

Kerri said...

This is outstanding!! WOW!

Cheryl said...

What a gorgeous butterfly and a really sweet capture.

Kay L. Davies said...

This is fabulous, John. Amazing colors.
K

Betty Roan said...

A real beauty!

Pia said...

What a wonderful butterfly and well captured!