The guy behind the lens

My photo

I'm a Science Teacher, Nature Photographer, Husband, Father, and Grandfather who loves to explore the natural world by traveling, photographing and thinking. 

MINDS WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!  

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Macro Monday Mystery -- The Answer!

Last week I posted this image as a Mystery shot. And many of you guessed its identity. As promised, here is the great "reveal" of its true nature!


I really enjoyed the range of guesses and second guesses that everyone put into this! The image was taken at the Fort Worth Zoo and I cropped my not so great image of a zebra down to a more interesting view of the "pseudo symmetrical" pattern along his spine. All of your who guessed Zebra were indeed correct. and those of you who were afraid it was a shot of an animal rug need not worry as the zebra is very much alive and well. Interestingly, I will be enlarging the image and using it as if it were an animal skin hanging on a wall in our guest bedroom to go along with a similar image of a (living) giraffe's skin that I took elsewhere. Thanks for all your participation.!

7 comments:

texwisgirl said...

Oh I love the full photo! That will make great framed art!

Mama Zen said...

How cool!

lisaschaos said...

I would have guessed zebra and second guessed myself. What a lovely pattern!

RedWillow said...

This is beautiful. Have always wanted to see one.

Kerri said...

How cool you captured him lying down!! What a beautiful creature!!

SandyCarlson said...

He's a snappy dresser!

Andrea said...

Never seen "where stripes meet" before. Cool! Have family in Texas - Wylie. Great photos.