The guy behind the lens

My photo

I'm a Science Teacher, Nature Photographer, Husband, Father, and Grandfather who loves to explore the natural world by traveling, photographing and thinking. 

MINDS WORK BEST WHEN OPEN!  

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Photo of the Week - November 28,2010

Greetings Blue Lion Friends!

I hope this post finds all of you happy after a very restful and enjoyable Thanksgiving holiday. Here in North Texas things went well as I had a nice Thanksgiving with family as well as a nice day selling Blue Lion cards, prints, and calendars at the "Dickens of a Christmas" festival in Downtown McKinney, Texas on Saturday. With the holiday season approaching, I got an idea last month for a holiday project that takes my photography in a slightly different direction. Since traditional "holiday" scenes are rather sparse around North Texas in late October and November, I warmed up my macro lens and looked to the miniature world for inspiration. The image of the week that received the greatest attention is titled "Christmas Wedding" and features a miniature couple in a horse drawn carriage after their wedding ceremony.







Not content to leave well enough alone, a few days later I felt that it need a little more "seasonality", so I started to "play God" a bit and got my digital snow making skills ready and made the previous scene a bit more "wintery"


I hope you enjoy this different style of images from Blue Lion Photos and wish all of you the best as we embark on what will hopefully a season of peace, love and genuine goodwill between people of all sorts.

No comments: