The guy behind the lens

Friday, July 2, 2010

Happy Independence Day!

As the 4th of July weekend is upon us, I am unveiling my latest composite image in honor 234 years of US  Independence. For this image I chose three symbols of Americana that have great meaning to me. As a lover of flags I could not resist including "Old Glory" as a central theme. The background forest represents the natural richness and wilderness that shaped so much of this nation's character, especially in her  early years. The Bald Eagles as our national bird  stand as icons of "America", but to me they add a special sense of resilience as a species that once endangered, has fought back and is becoming a more common sight  in US  skies. I am proud to think that my grandchildren will once day live to see WILD Bald Eagles without having to travel to Alaska to see remnant populations.






From me here in Texas to you wherever you may be, have a joyful and safe Independence Day. Make the most of your freedoms!

No comments: